"THE LIPS OF WISDOM ARE CLOSED, EXCEPT TO THE EARS OF UNDERSTANDING" The KybaLion
"Ears that hear and eyes that see-- the LORD has made them both" Proverbs 20:12
Lamedh may have come from a pictogram of an ox goad or cattle prod. Some have suggested a shepherd's staff.
( If behind every beards there was wisdom, goats would be prophets. ;) )
Ancestors, descendants and siblings
- The Arabic letter Lam is equivalent to the letter 'L'
ℒ ℓ : Script letter L
L and R may be regarded as essentially the same letter. The Chinese confusion of the two is well-known. But their identification became almost a necessity in the ancient Hebrew-Egyptian exchange of words, ideas and symbols, in as much as the Egyptian alphabet had no L and was forced to substitute R in all words where the Hebrew could use either L or R. It is therefore extremely likely that the great basic words, as seen so well in Latin rex, king, and lex, law, are of practically identical significance. ( http://pc93.tripod.com/ESOSTRAL.HTM )
***found this hieroglyph for L but not quite sure if correct , nevertheless , Lion is most of the time associated with Rex
R and L came, ( with J ( ex: Joy , freyJa or Juju ) and SH ( ex : SH-M-SH (shemesh)__ Talmudic šem-šamáįm ("shem-shamayim"), 'name of heaven' ___ or Shiva ) to emblemize divinity
:P ___ § Reggae got souL §
A cursory view of names based on R and L yields many interesting items. The R and L can be associated with any of the vowels and can either follow or be preceded by it.
From AL-LA we note Allah, Aladdin, Alheim (Elohim), the frequent Al--of Arabic names and a host of others, perhaps our all. From EL-LE we have El, the Hebrew word for God, the plural being Elohim.
- Ka Li Ma / Ma Lai Ka
- AL-aLa (The Most High)
- Is Lam
The Uniqueness of Lamed:
The letter Lamed is unique in the Hebrew alphabet since it is the /tallest/ letter (it is the only letter that rises above the baseline) and, as the 12th letter, it is considered the /central/ letter (or "heart") of the Hebrew alphabet: Since Lamed towers over the other letters from its central position, it is said to represent /melekh hamelakhim,/ the King of Kings. This idea is supported by the idea that the preceding letter stands for /kisei hakavod,/ "the throne of Glory," and the following letter stands for /malkhut,/ "kingdom.
The Hebrew name of the letter itself, /lamed,/ comes from the root /lamad /meaning to learn or teach, which first occurs in Deuteronomy 4:1
- Lamed and Heart KnowLedge : Rabbi Akiva (50-135) is said to have noted that the spelling of /Lamed /can be seen as an acronym for the phrase /lev meivin da'at,/ meaning "a heart that understands knowledge": In other words, the goal of learning and teaching /(lamed)/ is heart knowledge.
- The Gematria of Lamed : The letter Lamed itself represents the number 30, but its constituent parts, Vav and Kaf, yield the number 26, which is the number of , YHVH: Since Lamed is central and raised above all the other letters, it represents YHVH ( Yahoo ), or the King of Kings. Moreover the number 30 is the same value as (Judah), indicating a connection between "learning," YHVH ( Yahoo ) , and the tribe of Judah (see Genesis 49:10 )
"Aut-ib, the Hieroglyph for JOY"
"when the heart goes open ( Phtha )"
"when the heart expands"
"the heart goes wide"
*****LAMADU - Learn (or to teach) ( sumer )
read more at :Lamed
other words built on L:
- SaLam.... Sha Lom ..... Sa Lute
- La K Sh Mi
- LaJJa gauRi is a goddess associated with abundance and fertility
- LaMia ( Modern scholarship reconstructs a Proto-Indo European stem *lem-, "nocturnal spirit", whence also lemures )
- LaNguage ( language of the birds )
In the Quran, Suleiman (Solomon) and David are said to have been taught the language of the birds. Within Sufism, the language of birds is a mystical divine language. The Conference of the Birds is a mystical poem of 4647 verses ( 14 7 ) by the 12th century Persian poet Attar of Nishapur.
In Egyptian Arabic, hieroglyphic writing is called "the alphabet of the birds". In Ancient Egyptian itself, the hieroglyphic form of writing was given the name mdw-ntjr ("words of the gods" or "divine language").
- ENLIL - Lord of Airspace ( sumer )
- UL - High (high as the sky) ( sumer )
- OLoRuN is the name given to one of the three manifestations of the Supreme God in the Yoruba pantheon
- God (a god) - ILU ( sumer )
- Goddess - ILATI ( sumer )
- LAMADU - Learn (or to teach) ( sumer )
- Man - LU ( sumer )
- Raise Up - ELU ( sumer )
- Supreme - ILAT ( sumer )
- Lord - BeLuM or eN ( ex : eN LiL / eN Ki )
- Spirit World - LA'ATZU ( sumer )
to be continued
Keep this in Mind
An archetype can be:
- a statement, pattern of behavior, or prototype which other statements, patterns of behavior, and objects copy or emulate;
- a Platonic philosophical idea referring to pure forms which embody the fundamental characteristics of a thing;
- a collectively-inherited unconscious idea, pattern of thought, image, etc., that is universally present in individual psyches, as in Jungian psychology;